RIT SIS is a self-service student portal where Rochester Institute of Technology students manage their university-related activities.
To access the Student centre, go to sis.rit.edu, click the Student Info System link, and enter your RIT username and password.
How to log into rit sis
The Rochester Institute of Technology Student Information System (SIS) is where you will complete all enrollment and registration-related tasks – including: view your RIT academic calendar schedule, search for classes, maintain updated contact information, request transcripts, etc.
To log in,
- Navigate directly to sis.rit.edu.
- Enter your RIT Username.
- Then, enter your password.
- Click login to access your dashboard.
- You should now be on the SIS Homepage that has a series of Icons.
- Here you can view information such as your:
- Class and exam schedules
- Enrollment appointments
- Required textbooks
- Final grades and GPA
- Course history
- Transfer credit
- List of advisors
- Holds on to your account.
- You can also use the RIT SIS to take the following actions:
- Search for classes
- Enroll in, drop, swap, or withdraw from classes
- View an unofficial transcript
- Request an official transcript to be mailed by the Registrar’s Office.
How to enroll in classes
To enrol in classes on your RIT SIS dashboard,
- Log in to RIT SIS (https://sis.rit.edu).
- Click on the Enroll & Search Tile.
- On the left navigation bar, click on Shopping Cart.
- Select your semester and all the courses currently in your shopping cart will display.
- To enroll in the classes in your shopping cart click the Select box next to each class and then click the Enroll button in the upper right corner.
- Review the messages returned for any issues and make additional class selections if necessary. If you have any trouble or questions, contact your academic advisor.
Your RIT account
Students will be emailed their RIT Computer Account link upon getting accepted at RIT. These e-mails are sometimes marked as spam, so be sure to check your spam folder. If you have not received this e-mail, contact the ITS Service Desk for account activation.
The username and password will be the same as those used for accessing your RIT email.
Start.rit.edu – Account management
Start.rit.edu is your resource for accessing your RIT account settings. On start.rit.edu, you will be able to change:
- Name Preference (“Jonathan” → “John”), Personal Email Alias, Shell Options
- Change Password
- Recover Password or Username (external e-mail must be setup first)
- Setup Google Account Password for Gmail.
- Register and Manage your Network Devices
Password resets occur every 180 days. You will receive a 21-day notice when your password expires. If your password is expired, you will no longer be able to sign into RIT resources except for start.rit.edu to change your password. Students will have to sign in to start.rit.edu with their username and expired password and then set up a new password.
Google Apps @ RIT
All students’ email accounts are hosted with Google Apps. You can access your email at google.rit.edu. Students will sign in with their RIT username and password on this website. To set up your email on your smartphone, you will need to set up an external authentication password to be used with Google Apps Services. This password does not expire.
Below are the steps to set up your account for external Google Apps access.
- Go to start.rit.edu.
- Click on Google Apps at RIT.
- Sign in with your RIT username and password.
- Type a different password for Google Apps.
- Click Save.
To set up on your smartphone, use the standard Gmail account set up for your Phone’s mobile OS. Your username will end with [email protected] and the external password set up on start.rit.edu.
Tiger Center is a tool that allows RIT students to search for classes, view important academic information, and download their class schedules in iCal format. Additional features are in development to improve the student experience.
These applications have been designed and developed by RIT Students in partnership with ITS. For more on RIT SIS, contact the help desk.